Thursday, February 7, 2013

A Registration Rush!



I am currently experiencing a REGISTRATION RUSH!   It happened the moment I clicked on "finish" and the "print waiver" form popped up on my screen!  My heart started pounding when I glanced down and saw the line "Bib Number.....4005"!

It's official!

I'm getting up at 4:30 am and driving over the bridge to Tampa to find a parking space downtown in some parking garage and then walking to a start area I have absolutely NO IDEA where it is.  I will join a crowd of strangers in the dark, all crammed together, just waiting until 6:45 am.  My wave, which will probably be way far back will move together like a heard of cattle with anticipation of some breathing space happening around the first mile mark.

Of course with me will be my faithful running buddy Lisa, whom I persuaded to enter this race with no more training than the 12 days we have now.  I will be all up and excited and she will be too and we will both have our usual pockets of "coaching each other through it"; mine in the first half and hers toward the end when my rush out the gate enthusiasm is now exhaustion!

Without shame I will admit I am doing this to rack up a medal with my collection and another t-shirt I won't ever actually wear again...ever!  My long range goal is to run every race from 5k to full marathon. I also want to be able to get a nice long race in at the beginning of this new year to let that accomplishment drive me the rest of the year through.  No doubt I know this will give me new material for my blog.  Lastly, because I feel bad for my new shoes who have never experienced the thrill of a finish line crossed.  (Is it a little weird that I personify my shoes?" Go ahead, say yes.  I can handle it.)

So, with that I say LET'S DO THIS!!!

#4005


No comments:

Post a Comment