Friday, October 4, 2013

Not blogging but definitely running!



It's been a while since I blogged about running.  
Not for a lack of running, just for a lack of blogging.

When I started blogging, it was a new adventure.  
Now running is a way of life. 
For that- I am oh so thankful!

Since my run with Miles for Moffit, there have been a couple new running adventures.

A Color Me Rad 5K
This race was really not a race, just pure fun getting covered with color.  I highly recommend it!  If running is not just about physical fitness but mental release - then you have to add a Color Race to your list of things to do!   I'm currently registered for Run or Dye in Tampa in March.

Paddle Boarding
Ok- this isn't even in the running category- but it was a challenge.  Not that it was difficult physically but challenge my fear of the unknown and doing something so out of my norm.  I truly felt a sense of conquering!  Again - running is about facing limitations and overcoming them.  That's what I did on that board!   Again two thumbs up and a recommendation to add this to your list.

The Citadel at Cap Haitian in Haiti.
This was not running - but walking an incline that matched that of the Great Wall of China - and I've climbed the Great wall of China so I know! (I would love to know if anyone could ever RUN this!)  It was told to us that it would be seven miles straight up. So for two months I took hills and did a million steps in preparation.  It ended up being only a few miles as we were able to park higher up than originally told we could.  However, the incline was so ferociously steep and the pull of gravity so heavy, I have no doubt we wouldn't have made 7 miles.  It would have taken much more training than I did.  Still the sense of accomplishment after much huffing and puffing was thrilling!  The views were A-mazing.  This was an OFFICIAL CHECK OFF on my OFFICIAL Bucket List!   

After all these sweet new adventures I was left with a tenacious desire to do a lot more in the next 12 months to challenge myself and experience the unknown at a greater level.  

So- 
December 7th - me and my sweetest race buddies will be getting "PRETTY MUDDY!"

No comments:

Post a Comment