Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Just a positive affirmation for the day...

I saw this on a FaceBook fan page for KendrickFitness.  So I did what any good "facebooker" would do - I stole it - for your enjoyment of course!


Yesterday I ran 6 miles at 1.6.  I was a little disappointed hoping that I would be able to break my 1.5 and maybe by a miracle hit 1hour.  No go.  The Frisco Melt, shoe string french fries and Chocolate Milkshake from Steak-n-Shake the night before did me no good!

Looking over my lap times each mile I did do my third mile in 10.9 minutes which is a new PB for me.  Just don't mind that mile two as 12:43.  I seriously have no consistency in my pace or time.  I would call myself a schizophrenic runner for lack of better term.  While I'm on that subject I was wondering if anybody ever had this sensation:   you are running and you feel your body catch up with your legs?   No?  I knew I was losing my mind.   I really shouldn't be concerned since it's just a "passing" sensation...pun intended. LOL!

So today I have had the day off.  I got my roots done at the salon.  It had been FOREVER!   I find that during training I give up on my hair in a lot of ways.  I mean - I pull it up in a pony tail to run and if I know I'm running the next day and I have nowhere important to go that night I just leave it till after the next run the next day.  I mean really what's the point?  Granted it was really bad during my TRI training, but it's definitely something I notice now too.   I'll just be pleased to see some blonde again on the top when I pull it back tomorrow in my next ponytail cycle.

And THAT is the news for the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment