Saturday, October 29, 2011

Run + Walk = WIN!

I just thought I would sing the praises of the Run/Walk Method for any doubter and for any "wishing on a star" new runners.

This method is truly a great tool for 40+ people looking to take up running or those who have physical challenges including never running before.  This method is not a cop-out nor is it less of a workout.  It simply is the smart way toward endurance running without injury and over-exhaustion.  I also truly believe that is it the glue to keep you running and from quitting because you can't run a long distance or for a long consistent time.

So here are some links that will educate and guide you into a new world of running through the Run/Walk System.


The Leading expert and creator of a fail-proof Training system is Jeff Galloway.  Jeff has a plethora of information through video, articles, blogs, podcasts, apps and downloadable training plans.  You can start at this link:



With this method there is really no excuse not to run!   Yes I have the fever and I'm determined to spread it!  

I also want to thank my friend, Sarah Urich, who was my first inspiration to do a long distance race and recommended the Jeff Galloway Training!

No comments:

Post a Comment